RightScale is transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we’re looking for smart, hard-working, and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve real problems.
As Accounts Receivable Clerk, you will be responsible for the efficient & effective billing and collection of outstanding customer AR balances. In addition, you will support the analysis of collectability of specific accounts. You'll work as part of a team in a fast-paced, results-oriented finance and accounting department and you will be expected to support and enrich this team. This is an ideal position for someone hoping to gain experience and exposure to many assets of the business process as you will have the opportunity to learn and cross-train in several specialties.
What you'll do:
- Generate invoices and process customer payments using our billing system (Zuora).
- Execute collection calls and/or email correspondence including dunning letters and weekly tracking and telephone communication to outstanding customer accounts.
- Work with cross-functional teams (sales & accounting organizations) to accelerate billing and collection issues.
- Maintain billing system with accurate customer information.
- Track AR collection efforts using company systems at specific service levels.
- Process customer refunds and other account adjustments; resolve client discrepancies.
- Create & maintain collection metrics for various key stakeholders.
- Cross-train and serve as a backup for Sales Operations, including quote creation and order entry, processing contracts in Salesforce.com and Zuora, and providing ad-hoc support to sales team on questions related to contract and billing issues.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
- Assist with the annual financial audit.
- Assist with month end close and other items, as needed.
- Provide support to Finance, as needed.
- Assist with Ad hoc projects and reporting, as needed.
Experience and skills we are looking for:
- Related experience and interest in a collections capacity.
- Ability to effectively communicate & work in a team atmosphere.
- Superior verbal, documentation and written business communication skills.
- Experience in and/or a desire to learn about accounting systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Process-oriented with sound judgment, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Ability to evaluate and judge materiality and other related issues.
- Ability to prioritize workload and work under tight time constraints.
- Proactive, efficient, organized and diligent.
- Self-starting learner who thrives under pressure and enjoys success.
- Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Dedication to individual development, challenging teamwork, and new technology.
- Flexibility in a dynamically growing/evolving company.
Some perks of working at RightScale:
- A welcoming and casual office environment in downtown Santa Barbara.
- A competitive salary and benefits package plus stock options.
- Monday lunches, stocked snacks, and 2 rotating beers on tap or wine to unwind at the end of the day.
- Yoga, core workouts, meditation, ultimate frisbee, philanthropy & sustainability groups.
Join us and collaborate with extremely talented and passionate colleagues to ship industry changing products. We strive for diversity in the workplace and encourage those from underrepresented groups in technology to apply.